Pinkard Construction Co. is an industry leading commercial builder recognized as a premier provider of design/build and CM/GC services. We provide services exclusively to the Colorado Front Range and offer an employee environment that inspires creative, collaborative performance.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Superintendent with demonstrated success working in the Senior Living, Higher Education/Municipal, Healthcare, Affordable Housing or Office markets to join our Operations Team.
Reporting to the Project Superintendent or Sr. Superintendent, assists with field management. Responsible for the work of assigned subcontractors or construction disciplines.
- Ensures all personnel comply with project procedures, safety programs, work rules, etc.
- Documents all violations and recommends/implements corrective actions
Leadership and Supervision
- Provides planning and supervision to craft labor and subcontractors to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Reviews analyzes and resolves field construction problems and discrepancies by working with design team, owner and subcontractors.
- Ensures that anyone associated with the project or on the jobsite complies with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
Reads and is familiar with all contract documents and changes, including:
- Owner contract agreement and general conditions; subcontracts and material contracts
- Plans, project manual, all specifications, and geotechnical reports
Planning and Scheduling
- Supports the project team through preparation, monitoring, and updating of buyout, procurement, and construction schedules
- Assists Project Manager and Project Superintendent with formulating action plans to eliminate current and potential schedule problems
- Responsible for the production of short term schedules for assigned work areas
Defect Prevention and Quality Control
- Attends and assists in preparatory and preconstruction meetings for assigned disciplines
- Assumes responsibility for conformance with the contract documents for all work within assigned work areas
- Ensures timely scheduling of testing and inspections required to maintain efficient work flows
- Assists Project Superintendent with administrative requirements including daily reports, quantity reporting and tracking, progress photographs, and coordination meetings
- Generates RFI's and is responsible for the distribution of current contract information to the trades
- Maintains as-built documentation on site
- Assumes responsibility for the productivity of craft activities, and efficient use of materials and equipment in assigned work areas
- Assists Project Superintendent in reviewing productivity performance and implementing corrective action
- Must understand plans and specifications and be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Knows and can perform the duties of Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Field Engineer and Junior Estimator
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead components of projects, manage resources and build teams
- 5+ years of construction experience
- 10-hour OSHA training required
If you enjoy challenging projects and are results-oriented, we encourage you join our team. At Pinkard Construction, Our success is due to the direct result of teamwork. If you are looking for a career at a company that has a true interest in its employees, offers competitive salaries, industry-leading benefits packages, and bonus and/or profit sharing programs, Pinkard is the place for you! Join a company that is truly raising the standard within the industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with recent salary history to email@example.com with the subject “Superintendent”
We promote a drug-free workplace. Pinkard Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer.