Pinkard Construction Co. Lakewood, CO 80215
Pinkard Construction Co. is an industry leading commercial builder recognized as a premier provider of design/build and CM/GC services. We provide services exclusively to the Colorado Front Range and offer an employee environment that inspires creative, collaborative performance.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager with demonstrated success working in the Senior Living, Higher Education/Municipal, Health care, Affordable Housing or Office markets to join our Operations Team.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, provides project team leadership and has overall and bottom line responsibility for the success of the project. Is also actively involved in prospective project lead generation, proposal preparation and presentation, and relationship maintenance.
- Proactively places a high priority on safety at all times and asserts that priority whenever and wherever needed
- Performs regularly scheduled jobsite safety audits
Reads and is familiar with all construction and contract documents, and changes, including:
- Owner contract agreement and general conditions
- Plans, project manual, all specifications, and geotechnical reports
- Actively participates with the team during preconstruction phase of the project to ensure every aspect of Project Management is set up for success
Defect Prevention and Quality Control
- Ensures that appropriate defect prevention, quality control, and quality assurance plans and procedures are in place for the proper execution of the work
- Continues all responsibilities of the position through the warranty period and beyond as required
Leadership and Supervision
- Provides leadership to the entire project team, both internally and externally, beginning at the issuance of construction documents
- Provides direct management and oversight, performance evaluation and feedback, training, and career development support of direct reports including Project Engineers
- Develops professional relationships with project owner, design professionals, and trade partners
- Promotes among Pinkard’s project team, constructive working relationships and a firm‐but‐fair approach with the project owner, design professionals, and trade partners
Planning, Scheduling and Procurement
- Ensures that the project schedule is maintained, updated, communicated, and implemented in accordance with Pinkard’s commitment to the project, the owner, and trade partners
- Ensures that permits are obtained to facilitate the project schedule, including building, fire, health, right‐of‐way, stormwater, etc.
- Ensures that time and cost impacts to the project are evaluated and appropriate adjustments are made in the contract time and price
- Ensures that material contracting and subcontracting are completed, approvals obtained, and materials available to begin work in the field as required by the project schedule
- Evaluates subcontract and supplier proposals for the project and ethically negotiates best price, scope and performance possible
- Prepares and negotiates subcontracts and material contracts for the project
- Ensures full compliance with, and administration of all project general contracts and subcontracts
- Ensures understanding of occupancy certificate processes in all relevant jurisdictions and agencies
- Establishes and maintains project cost control using Pinkard’s sytems and procedures
- Monitors and manages all costs and budgets for the duration of the projects
- Leads in the preparation of cost-to-complete and margin analysis each month
- Submits and reviews with the Construction Manager each month, project progress report and financial projections
- Ensures compliance with the project’s profit plan and application of the contract’s provisions relative to Pinkard’s compensation.
- Must understand plans and specifications and be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Knows and can perform the duties of Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Field Engineer and Junior Estimator
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead components of projects, manage resources and build teams
- 5+ years of construction experience
- 3+ years of PM experience
- 10-hour OSHA training required
If you enjoy challenging projects and are results-oriented, we encourage you join our team. At Pinkard Construction, Our success is due to the direct result of teamwork. If you are looking for a career at a company that has a true interest in its employees, offers competitive salaries, industry-leading benefits packages, and bonus and/or profit sharing programs, Pinkard is the place for you! Join a company that is truly raising the standard within the industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with recent salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Manager”
We promote a drug-free workplace. Pinkard Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer.