Pinkard Construction Co. is an industry leading commercial builder who is recognized as a premier provider of design/build and CM/GC services. We provide services exclusively to the Colorado Front Range and offer an employee environment that inspires creative, collaborative performance.
We are currently seeking a Construction Superintendent with demonstrated success working in the Senior Living, Higher Education/Municipal, Healthcare, Affordable Housing or Office markets to join our Operations Team.
- Ensures all personnel comply with project procedures, safety programs, work rules, etc.
- Documents all violations and recommends/implements corrective actions
Leadership and Supervision
- Provides leadership and oversees total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Supervises and coordinates all subcontractors to ensure compliance with their subcontracts
- Provides direct management and oversight, performance evaluation and feedback, training, and career development support of direct reports
Reads and is familiar with all contract documents and changes, including:
- Owner contract agreement and general conditions; subcontracts and material contracts
- Plans, project manual, all specifications, and geotechnical reports
Planning and Scheduling
- Ensures completion of the project on schedule
- Plans, develops, and executes the construction schedule
- Provides detailed construction schedule development during preconstruction
- Evaluates all changes for their impact on the project schedule and estimated costs
Defect Prevention and Quality Control
- Performs constructability review(s) during preconstruction
- Ensures that timely productive preparatory meetings occur for all trades and subcontractors
- Ensures that appropriate defect prevention, quality control, and quality assurance plans and procedures are in place for the proper execution of the work
- Has direct responsibility for conformance with the contract documents for complete project
- Ensures timely scheduling of testing and inspections required to maintain efficient work flows
- Supports warranty efforts as required on completed projects
- Responsible for project mobilization, site organization and construction methodology
- Ensures compliance with storm water management plans
- Ensures timely completion of punch list
- Ensures proper completion of all field administration including daily reports, quantity reporting and tracking, time sheets, accounting, field purchase records, progress photographs, concrete logs, and subcontractor and coordination meeting minutes
- Assists with development of subcontract scopes, participates in subcontractor buyout, and responsible for enforcement of work scopes in the field
- Ensures that jobsite as-built documentation is maintained throughout the project
- Responsible for all field cost activities including field estimating, productivity and manpower analysis, committed costs, budget projections, and equipment strategy and management
- Must understand plans and specifications and be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead projects, manage resources and build teams
- 5+ years of construction Supervisor experience
- 10-hour OSHA training required, 30-hour preferred
If you enjoy challenging projects and are results-oriented, we encourage you join our team. At Pinkard Construction our employees are our most valued assets. Our success is due to the direct result of teamwork. If you are looking for a career at a company that has a true interest in its employees, offers competitive salaries, industry-leading benefits packages, and bonus and/or profit sharing programs, Pinkard is the place for you! Join a company that is truly raising the standard within the industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with recent salary history to email@example.com with the subject “Superintendent”
We promote a drug-free workplace. Pinkard Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer.